Resident Intern, Summer Intensive
Reports to: Head Resident Advisor and Resident Supervisors
FLSA Status: Non-Paid Internship
Revised: October 2017
The Resident Assistant Intern is responsible for assisting the Head Resident Advisor and Resident Supervisors to ensure all participants have a safe, successful and productive summer experience. This is a full-time, live-in position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with student initial check-in and final check-out
- Attend orientation sessions
- Assist students transporting to and from orientation sessions
- Accompany students transporting to and from the dance studios, appointmentsand meal times
- Assist in daily checking-in/out of students while ensuring they are in proper groups and attending approved activities as assigned
- Attend bed checks as assigned
- Help maintain cleanliness and order in the dormitories and studios
- Act as a positive example for students
- Establish relationships with students such that they feel comfortable in their environment
- Maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor
- Identify potential problems and report them accordingly
- Help maintain order by strictly enforcing Ballet West Academy and the University of Utah rules and regulations
- Assist in preparing for and implementing activities
- Accompany students on external activities as needed (i.e., The Utah Arts Festival, Smith’s Marketplace)
- Assist in dorm preparations through final clean-up
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Resident Advisor
Qualifications (Must be aged 18 on or before June 1, 2018, no exceptions)
Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; high level of professionalism and grace under pressure; courteous attitude and strong listening skills.
Education and/or Experience
Advanced ballet technique placement, clean driving record, High School Diploma are required. Teaching and child care experience as well as first aid certification a plus.
Due to the nature of Ballet West’s business (performing arts organization) work requires employee to be available to work after hours and weekends. All Resident Assistant Interns are on duty or on call at all times except during their bi-weekly day off.
Compensation includes 2018 Summer Intensive tuition ($2,800 value), room and board ($2,800 value), and select activity entrance fees.
Ballet West is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).