BALLET WEST ACADEMY SUMMER INTENSIVE VIDEO AUDITIONS
Video auditions are accepted, but in person auditions are strongly preferred. Video auditions can be submitted from
January 1 until February 11, 2018. To register for video auditions, you must create an account through the Parent Portal in iClassPro
and pay the $60.00 fee. Ballet West Academy will not accept DVDs or video tapes, the audition link must be copy and pasted during registration process.
Audition videos should be no longer than 10 minutes in length and must include:
- tendu (in the center)
- grand adagio
- pirouettes (en dehors, en dedans, traveling)
- petit allégro
- allégro (i.e. assemble ballonné, ballotté)
- grand allegro
- pointe work for all ladies (i.e. echappé, continuous relevés in arabesque, pirouettes; en dehors and en dedans, bourrees)
- a short variation of choice (dancers age 15+)
- Pointe work should include plenty of material to be able to judge technical ability. This is the area where most video submissions come up short.
- barre work is not requested
Video audition results will be sent within three weeks of your registration.
*All correspondence, including audition results, will be sent to the email submitted to the Parent Portal through iClassPro.